Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Breakin' Two, Electric Boogaloo

Sitting here on Monday of reading week from school, trying with every ounce of mental will power to not open my books until I absolutely have to.

Spending this week doing nothing with Lindsey, which is EXACTLY what I want to be doing. And, cleaning and packing my current domicile for a move this Saturday. My new place is the top floor of an old Pony Express era, Victorian style house closer to downtown St. Joe. I have not played my drums in over a year because I moved too quickly into a house with no room to set them up and I realized as I sat down behind the school's drumset that, well, I kinda suck now. The new place is bigger, has a perfect place for my music room with the drums, guitars and keyboard, a place for my kitchen table I haven't seen in three years and a shower that doesn't make you feel dirtier as you use it. I'm pretty excited, but its gonna be a hell of a moving day. Top floor of a big old house+big screen tv=not so much fun.

Getting excited about concerts coming up: The Police with Elvis Costello in May, Swell Season (the couple from the movie Once) coming up, and summer jams with Jack Johnson.

Well, sorry to bore you with my so-called life. I'm actually bored writing this, so I think I'll stop. All St. Paul have a great break. Mary Alice, stop reading right now, close the book and go outside.

Peace, B

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Here, here to no reading during reading week! I spent today having coffee with the girls, went to Friends U to visit old friends and chat with my favorite prof, then came home and played on the Wii...an absolutely non-productive day other than I got to pull my 7 year old's tooth! Enjoy your new home Brad! Good luck with the big screen...just keep it away from Wii remotes and you'll be fine!

Anonymous said...

I hate to burst your bubble, but it's my job! Speaking as one who is contributing financially to your seminary experience, may I suggest that Reading Week is called that for a reason! I think the books this time were $200+. Just a couple of hours a day of reading would still leave lots of time for doing just what you please. Now - I feel better having done my motherly nagging thing! cb

Unknown said...

Okay...listen to your mom Brad...I would tell Jaimey and Taylor the same thing! But my mom's not contributing financially to my seminary experience...so I don't have to take that into account...and I am doing reading...just not for seminary...but I have done a little group research for Leadership...does that count?

Anonymous said...

dude, you got busted!

Andy B. said...

Wow. She smacked you so hard, I felt it!

Anonymous said...

Thank God my mom gets confused by the microwave let alone a computer. I quote... "Justy what the hell is My Face...do you do dirty things on that?"

jwz

Brad said...

Thanks for this mom...My friend's are now all laughing at me. Oh yeah, and thanks for paying for school.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. As I said, it's my job. cb