Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Open Letter to DVD Distributors

You know what really grinds my gears...
Why are the main title sequences included in all DVDs of TV series? You know what I mean, I don't have cable, so when I'm home preparing sermons or doing homework and need a little noise in the background, I'll put in some Seinfeld or Family Guy or Reno 911, or when I'm on the treadmill watching the Office on the iPod, I'll just hit the "Play All" button and let it run. And lo and behold, every 21 minutes, I have to sit through 30 seconds of the theme song on every single show. Come on people. We know who the stars are, we know who created the show, we all know that Stewie says "Laugh and cry" not "Eff-ing cry" in the Family Guy theme. We want content. Take the dingding theme songs off your DVDs.
And that, is what really grinds my gears,
BB

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beej - If that's the most annoying thing you have to deal with, I'd say you have a pretty good life. Better quit grinding those gears so much or they might wear out! Just kidding, of course. You can grind away if it makes you feel better. I'm glad to see your blogging again. Reading it makes me feel connected to you. cb

Anonymous said...

Nice dingding drop!
Ron C

Adam Caldwell said...

Hey...you and your bro bro (and Jake) should come down in November. N.T. Wright is going to be here to speak in chapel. Have you ever gotten up with Jake...if not you should, you could go play golf or something.