Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Random Notes-Brothers Boast

I don't really have anything to say, but I wonder what will happen if I just start typing and we'll see what comes out.

I have to tell my brother that he did a very "Jimmy" thing on Saturday. There we were, Jeff, mom, Steph, Andy, and me, having lunch while moving Steph into her new apartment. Andy goes walking off without a word. About 5 minutes later, I see Andy running down the gang plank to Steph's place with a 27" TV in his hands. "Holy Crackers", I said and ran to open the door. As it turns out, Andy pulls a muscle in his pectoral area and can't really help the rest of the day. I see really no difference in this and my father sledding down the tree-lined back yard or my uncle lifting mattresses weeks after his quad-by-pass.

That got me thinking (Andy, I hope you don't mind my psychoanalyzing you on the world wide web, feel free to return the favor). Everytime I see my brother, I try to impress him by playing a song on the piano or attempting to start some intellectual conversation that's way out of my league. I wonder if my brother carried a 27 inch TV up three flights of steps with no help to impress me. I do what he does, be smart-he does what I do, lift heavy things. Nothing unhealthy here, I think two brothers who want the respect of the other is a good thing, just a weird pattern I noticed on Saturday.

My big screen TV is awesome, although I now have to get cable. Watching a 52in TV with anntena squiggles is a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad thing. But, the good news...October marks the last payment on my car and only half of the car payment can get me cable and wireless for 15 mos, so I can do it.

I suck at fantasy football. I picked players I like, not that are any good and some that aren't even playing. Big Ben you freakin' wuss, it's an appendectomy. This isn't cricket, this is football, suck it up..

Did I mention the Tool show was awesome?

Alright, I think i'm taking Fiona to the dog park.
Peace out, B

2 comments:

Andy B. said...

Brad,
You do not have to try to impress me. I love you just like you are.
And as for my impressing you, I'm sure just being in my presence is impressive enough ;)
- Andy

Anonymous said...

The wonderful thing about Brad and Andy is that they are so very different from one another. And yet so important to one another. Let's just keep itthat way. cb