Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Spring Fever Redux

Well, this is probably the most stressed out I've ever been. School's gearing up and getting pretty busy: this week a take home test, next week an exegesis paper, the next week an annotated bibliography and the next week THREE tests. Also, I had to do my taxes this week and although, because of the wisdom of my parents, we're getting money back this year, just walking into that taxman's building is stressful. And, on top of all of that, a "family emergency" has taken my boss out of church, meaning I have a 100% increase in worship leadership and pastoral care responsibilities.

I need summer. I long for it. I need to spend time at the lake with my family and friends. I need to have Saturdays not spent inside working on papers but at the park with my dog. Ya know what I look forward too? Growing up you're always balancing too many responsibilities. Like right now, I'm a student AND a pastor. I can't wait for the day when I'm just one thing. I know the duties will grow and the stress won't go away, but I'll just be one thing. I won't have to struggle between two full time occupations. When I go home from a long day at work I won't have to immediately sit down for a long night of homework. I can't wait.

It's 80 degrees, without a cloud in the sky, and I'm at the computer, writing this....

Brad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world, man. Things do come on hard sometimes and the plate gets full to overflowing. When you get to feeling a little over-whelmed, just think of the other folks who do not have all of your considerable blessings. JB

Andy B. said...

"I can't wait for the day when I'm just one thing."

When does that happen, exactly? I'm still waiting.
- AB

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Beej. This, too, shall pass. And other life roles will fill you to overflowing. And you will one day call this time in your life "the good old days". cb