Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thanksgiving Memories

Ahh, Thanksgiving. The laughs, the family, the food, the farts.

I spent a good long break with family in CoMO this past weekend. It was just what I needed.
All told, on Thanksgiving afternoon, there were ten people, one very old dog, one very big dog, one very excited dog, and my sister's thing, CoCo. The food was great, Nanny is still the best cook in the world. My cousins Nate and Amanda and I started talking like Kip at the dinner table and none of the old people had a clue!! (Just kidding, Mom!) Try saying, The mash potatoes have just the neccessary amound of mash in a Kip voice. Let the hilarity ensue. That night, like my brother, I saw the new Harry Pooter, er Potter. My mother, my aunt, my cousins and my cousin-in-law-to-be, who's name is Brad (we call him the Duece, cause I was in this family first!) all took up a row. Unlike my brother, I don't read. Therefore, I was not disappointed. I thought it was great. Great choice for the dark lord, even if his nose didn't come back, Erin.

Friday I woke up at 1:30. That's right. But, in all fairness, I went to bed at 3:00, so I only slept for ten hours. Friday night was Amanda and Brad's engagement party. Amanda bought three bottles of wine at ALDI'S so naturally I brought my own: Woodchuck, an adult cider and Michelob Lager. Very fun. We called it, of course, an "I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious" party. A bunch of Aunt Cathy's crazy friends came and one of them newFamily Guy and who Kip was. So, once again, hilarity ensued. Spent the night and played Trivial Pursuit with the cous's. Nate didn't notice that he hadn't had a turn in 10 minutes. Good times.

Saturday, I actually did it. I went shopping on thanksgiving weekend. But, i had a specific agenda so it wasn't so bad.

All in all, a great weekend and much much too short.

Later, B

No comments: