Friday, September 09, 2005

And Then There Was Brad....

Well, I'm the last.
Tyler Obanion got engaged Wednesday night at the Dave Matthews concert to his 3 year girlfriend Hilary (who happens to be 27!). Thus, I'm the last. The last of Schweitzer Youth Group class of '00.
I'm really not too worried about this, just something that's on my mind since I got to see them yesterday.

I am amazed at my Hebrew Bible class already. The amazing thing is, and I sort of figured this before, the lack of knowledge of the original Old Testament. Nothing complete, different versions don't match up, some Hebrew we don't even know what means! Chances are Jesus used a PARAPHRASED version written in his Aramaic! If Jesus used a paraphrased edition of the Bible, how off must our version be from God's original plan. And all the different ways to translate one word or simply think about one word.

For example, when Jesus tells Simon Peter to throw his nets on the other side and the other fisherman come and help, it says that THEY left everything and followed Him. Well, depending on how you read they, Simon Peter, James and John, or all the fisherman that helped, either three people went with Jesus or 25 people went with Jesus. It changes the whole feel of the story.

God, help us to see your original plan and voice in our lives, help us to use, read, study and preach your Word from a critical, healthy place, and please, take all the asses who use your Word for their own glory and put them out on an island somewhere where they can't talk to anyone and ruin Christianity for anyone else!!

Growing and Happy,
Brad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Tom? Grant? There's no hurry. It's more importnat that it's right, joyful and life-giving. I'm glad the study is going well. It's really amazing. dad

Anonymous said...

Beej - That was not a very loving pryer request you made of God! I agree that an island would be a good place for those folks, but I don't have the guts to ask God for it. "Judge not, lest you be judged." Mom

Adam Caldwell said...

hah hah hah, I like the prayer. But even more than the prayer I liked your moms response.

currently rolling on the floor