Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I Love Preaching!

As you all know, or maybe you don't so read the last post, I had a hard week in ministry last week. Seemed like it was nothing but assisstance calls and funerals. This is the job, I knew it wasn't easy, and I now know why a church this size has two pastors. So, I was feeling overwhelmed, burned out at 23, and then I got to preach. My first sermon here at Central was fine, but it was really only the beginning. This past week was serious; dropping words like not religion but relationship and don't just be Christian but Christ like. The feedback was wonderful. People felt challenged, questioning the things they've always heard and really examining their relationships with God. I love preaching. I love the other things too, even the hard stuff, life and death stuff, but being up there in conversation with all these people, challenging them, asking more questions than I answer. It's just unbelievable and so humbling to be able to transfer the message that God gave me on to God's people. Thank you, God, for this gift and allowing me to do your work. May the words of my mouth always be acceptable in your sight.

Refreshed,
B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you love preaching. Through the years it has offered the greatest challenge and the greatest reward for me. But I hope you love the many aspects of ministry. Preaching can be great but it's only one small part of the myriad aspects of modern ministry. dad

Andy B. said...

Not only that, you are preaching every moment as you do the work. You only use words when absolutely necessary. (Thank you, St. Francis.)
O&W