Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Here's some stuff I'm currently excited about:
NFL football week 9. It was almost as if since the Pats were playing the Colts, everybody raised their game. Disappointed that the Colts couldn't pull it out. I hate Tom Brady sooo much. Anyway, the most yards on the ground in NFL history, the longest touchdown play of all time, a 158 passer rating for Big Ben. Incredible football games. I don't even really mind that the Chiefs lost, it was such a good football game. The last team Brett Favre had to beat in the NFL. Great weekend.

30 Days of Night. The best vampire movie since Interview. Truly sinister. Horror fans should all go check it out.

Across the Universe. A love story movie set in the time during which I KNOW I was supposed to be a young man, end of the 60s in to the 70s, set to the soundtrack of all Beatles sung in musical format. Think Moulan Rouge without the can-can. The lead guy is unbelieveable as is Evan Racheal Wood. Joe Cocker, Bono, Eddie Izzard. Great movie!

My current project to purchase a couple of Bob Dylan albums (on iTunes, mom for $10 a piece) per pay check. I've never really listened to a lot of Dylan but what i have now-The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan and Highway 61 Revisited-is truly genius. I know what folks were always saying. If you haven't heard much, the time and the world situation call equally for more Rage Against the Machine and more Bob Dylan.

My Christmas present ideas for my Mom and my girlfriend, Lindsey. You girls are going to flip out!!

My idea for a proposal to General Conference for a 5 year minimum appointment and an equal salary for all elders of the United Methodist Church: $45,000. I guess I'll expand this later. Basically, preachers make too much money and our churches are being hurt because of it.

Lil Caldwell. You guys could've left that one of your voice mail message, I might've called you back!!

The new seasons of the Office, Family Guy and Heroes. Brilliant.

Degree Medical Strength Anti-persperant. Finally. I'm so sick of ruining shirts.

Here's some things I'm absolutely not excited about:

Fantasy Football. I have Big Ben, LT, Dallas Clark, Sebastian Janakowski and I can't win a game. Sebastian kicks the longest field goal in NFL history and gets me 5 points. We need to change the way points are tallyed. I guess I'm just a sore loser.

Giving my sermon in preaching class and listening to a semester's worth of other student sermons from here on out. I'm much more nervous about preaching in class than I ever am at church. I was recently called "dynamic" from the pulpit by my church members. Now I have to write out a sermon (which I never do) and present a sermon in a classroom (not a worship space) at 8:00am during class time (not a worship time). Not looking forward to it. I think it's gonna be called Incarnationality. (incarnation+nationality) It's our incarnationality, the fact that God became one of us, and not our nationality (patriotism, boarder fences, national secruity, etc.) that defines us. I don't know, something like that.

The UPS Whiteboard guy. Mustoe? Gets creepier everytime I see him.

Lindsey going out of town this weekend. Feel like I haven't seen her in weeks.

Not having an XBox or Nintendo Wii. I'm tired of Madden '06 and I need to see Halo 3 already. Guitar Hero 3. Tiger Woods golf on Wii. I gotta get one or the other someday soon. Oh well, far from the most important thing in the world.

Uh, oh yeah, the world. Um, are we dying? Is the world in grave danger? Is the earth going to fall into the sea or are we going to blow each other up first? I recently read a fatalist artical in Rolling Stone that said the population of the earth will be 500 million in 100 years. The Russians are going to go to war with China, when all those billions of people run out of space and try to move north. America is going to war with Iran and that guy's crazy. I mean actually insane, sociopathic, psychotic. Maybe they'll join in with North Korea (an equally crazy man). There's not enough water, oil, land, atmosphere, trees. There IS enough money, food, medicine, but the rich people are keeping it all. Andy, I'm trying not to be fatalist here, but shit. It's hard.

People who read my blog on a regular basis and never comment. Dru, my sister, Ron. Let me know who's out there.

Not having time to blog. I hate being busy. Who doesn't.

Alright, I know it's been awhile, but everything's going good. Just school and work. You know, life.

Take care of yourselves, B

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post. You should try it more often. Peyton Manning, Brett Farve, Tom Brady-wow. Great stuff.
I did see Across the Universe and enjoyed it. I'll skip the horror bit. We've tried some of the newer shows. Can't beat Law and Order. Preaching for preaching lab? Of course. Why should you be any different? Do it and do it well. Keep the faith. JB

Andy B. said...

Setting aside for the moment all the myriad points of disagreement I have with this post, allow me to simply ask what the hell were you doing awake at 6:20 in the morning?

Andy B. said...

Okay, I'll nibble on that.

Well, let's start with the Fantasy Football, although I probably shouldn't clue you in to this, since we are playing each other this week, but anyway: Rather than rant about changing the way things are scored, why don't you actually play nine starters like the rest of us, instead of eight? The league allows 9 actives and 5 reserves, and for most of the year you have 8 and 6. That, plus your tendency to start players who are on bye weeks and out with injury has probably contributed more to your woes than anything wrong with the scoring system. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Andy said about your being up and functioning at 6:20! I;m assuming that you never bothered to go to bed. cb

Stephanie said...

ok so I suck...I never comment....sorry I will try to do better :)

Stephanie said...

ok so I suck.....sorry.....I will try to be better about posting a comment :)