Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Incubus

This is a post for the Adam's: What happened to Incubus?? Now, you and I have disagreed on this for three albums now, but come on guys. I'm all for artistic development and following your heart in creating your music, hell I even liked the new, short-haired, martini-drinkin' Metallica. But, Incubus has consistantly put out three ablums with two or three good songs on them and the rest are cleverly disguised Clay Aiken songs. This new one has three good songs, Light Grenades, Diamonds and Coal and something else I can't remember right now. The rest of the songs are boy band songs. Boy band lyrics, boy band melodies, boy band harmonies. Four songs use the One-two-three-one-two-three-one-two-one-two pattern.

Come on guys, it's time to fess up. Mustoe, I know you have a not-so-secret boy crush on Brandon Boyd. Caldwell, we've been with these guys since the beginning. But, come clean, they just don't rock anymore. In the words of the Bob Rock produced, slowed-down, best selling heavy metal album of all time, Black album.....It's Sad But True.

Peace, B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...it is true...that I very much enjoyed A Crow Left of the Murder...honestly, I can't speak to this new album...I have no cash, but isn't this a natural motion of 'most' (not all) rockers? Mellow as they age so to speak. I think we could use the same analogy for Audio Slave. Just my personal opinion even though admittedly all I have heard of Audio Slave is the radio hits.

I will give you an official "Yes" (somewhat).

Anonymous said...

Alright...I got it. Give me a couple of days to give you an assessment.