Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Best Week Ever?

Hey everybody, I know it's been too long since I've graced the world wide web with my presence. I tried to get an entry in between my birthday weekend and Annual Conference but the system was down. Man, I wrote an awesome entry too, so here goes in shortened version.

I've had one of the greatest weeks of my life. Two weeks ago, Lindsey and I saw the Dave Matthews Band (my third, her first) and they were on fire. Three new songs and at least one song from every album. It was awesome.

Then it was off to St. Loius and Sarah and Dennis' wedding. It was a whole lot of fun. There were only about 10 of us at the party after awhile but we had a blast telling the horrible DJ what songs to play next.

The next morning we picked up Mr. Ryan Bates and headed to the Lake of the Ozarks, met by Hilary Alexander and Tyler O'Banion and later Honora Bates. This is where it really got kicked up a notch. Truly one of the best experiences of my life. Just sitting around with good food, good drinks, good water, good tunes, and great friends. We've put the weekend on our calanders for, oh, the next 80 years. We actually halfseriously talked about all moving down there and getting a place together. After that weekend, I'd do it in a second.

So, it's time for the birthday present wrap-up.
My parents gave me a new queen size mattress. Not very exciting I know, but I slept through the night for the first time in years the past few nights so thank you so much.

A Family Guy Chicken Fight t-shirt, a t-shirt from Bradley University that just says "Bradley", an interview book with Bono, the 1000th issue and a subscription to Rolling Stone magazine, a Jack Johnson CD, a Trevor Hall CD, The Toy DVD, Blazing Saddles DVD, and Napoleon Dynamite pens.

And now, the coup de grais, from the Saturday Night Live Best of Collection: Adam Sandler, Cheri Oteri, Christopher Walken, Dan Akroyd, Eddie Murphy, John Belushi, Jimmy Fallon, Mike Myers, Molly Shannon, Steve Martin, and Tracy Morgan. I think I'm forgetting one.

So, there it is. Thanks to everyone for a great birthday. I hope that all who read this can have at least one weekend this summer as good as this.

~Brad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am very glad that you had such a great time. You certainly deserve it. And I agree with you about those friends of yours - they are really great. Thanks for sharing them and some of your great weekend with Dad and me. Much love, Mom

Anonymous said...

So I just googled myself, because I'm bored and found myself on your blog. Interesting. I didn't actually know you had a blog and that i was mentioned on it. I'll have to bookmark it. love ya Honora